Hemodialysis Patient Care Specialist Program
The Hemodialysis Patient Care Specialist Technical Certificate of Credit (TCC) was developed in partnership with local dialysis facilities to prepare for certification and to meet entry level hiring needs.
The Hemodialysis Patient Care Specialist TCC requires only 2 quarters to complete. The program of study was developed to meet the training requirements of recent state regulations for End Stage Renal Disease facilities (effective December 6, 2001). The program covers comprehensive hemodialysis procedures including:
- The principles of dialysis
- Use of dialyzers (artificial kidneys)
- Safe operation and maintenance of equipment
- Composition of dialysate
- AAMI standards of water treatment and testing
- Reprocessing of water treatment and testing
- Reprocessing of dialyzers
- Initiation, monitoring and termination of treatment.
The role of the hemodialysis technician has evolved in recent decades. As technology for dialysis has become more sophisticated and patient population increases, the need for specialized technicians will continue to grow. Hemodialysis technicians are now involved in the treatment process from beginning to end including equipment maintenance and patient care. The Hemodialysis Patient Care TCC prepares students for dialysis technician certification as required by legislation introduced in the Georgia House of Representatives and Senate. The proram of study equips health care workers with the skills, knowledge, and attitutde necessary to succeed in the field.
- Submit application and $20 non-refundable application fee.
- High school diploma/GED required for admission into this program.
- Entry placement tests completed.
- 16 years of age or older.
- Apply Now - The program code for Hemodialysis Patient Care Specialist is HPC1
Most Georgia citizens qualify for the HOPE grants or scholarships. Other financial assistance is available for those who qualify.
For more information, contact:
Room H-246, Macon Campus